Du moins en partie…
North Africa – Landing Ground #33
The majority of combat operations flown in North Africa during the Second World War did not involve permanent Royal Air Force aerodromes. Most operations were conducted from temporary facilities, with natural landing surfaces [sand and stone], few, if any buildings, and usually lacking any name. The British called them “Landing Grounds” and identified each with a number. North Africa had over 200 of these selected locations, which were quickly reclaimed by the desert as the fighting moved on.
On 30 September 1943, No. 420 [Snowy Owl] Squadron, No. 424 [Tiger] Sqn. and No. 425 [Alouette] Sqn. of the RCAF moved to LG33, a landing ground located East of the village of Hani, Tunisia.